So in the US, troops and packs are winding down their meetings for the summer. So we thought in honor of National Black Cow Day on June 10th (yeah, who lobbied the President if the US to achieve that one?!) we bring you this great summer treat.
Use it for a summer picnic or end of summer party, the scouts will love it!
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Hot Chocolate Sauce, at room temperature (if you must, you may substitute store-bought syrup)
- About 1 1/4 cups root beer
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
Optional- that white foamy creamy stuff you put on top. I think you have to know an angel to get some.
- Drizzle the chocolate sauce or syrup into the bottom of a large ice cream soda or pint glass. Add half of the root beer and mix well with a long spoon.
- Add 1 scoop of ice cream, then top off the glass with the remaining root beer. Traditionally, the remaining scoop of ice cream is balanced on the rim of the glass—press it down firmly so it doesn’t plop into the table or swan dive into the float—although you could just plunk it in the root beer.
Variation: Brown Cow
Substitute cola for the root beer.