We are working on some recipes that the scout leaders can share while the troops patrols are off cooking their meals. Scouts can make these too, of course. They just may take a little longer to prepare or cook, or don’t feed a large group easily.
- 4 bone-in chicken breasts (1 1/4 lb)
- 1/2 cup shredded smoked Gouda or Swiss cheese (2 oz)
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 package (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed to drain
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp butter or margarine, melted lightly oil or spray dutch oven.
- Remove bones from chicken breasts. Do not remove skin. Loosen skin from chicken breasts.
- In medium bowl, mix cheese, nutmeg and spinach until well blended.
- Spread one-fourth of mixture evenly between meat and skin of each chicken breast.
- Smooth skin over breasts, tucking under loose areas.
- Place chicken, skin sides up, in prepared dutch oven.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes at 350 degrees or until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut.
Makes 4 servings.