Sent in by Ann in North Carolina
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled and cored
- 2 (8 each) cans refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 2 sticks of butter
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 can of Mountain Dew
- Preheat the dutch oven to 350 degrees F
- Grease a with cooking spray or butter.
- Peal and core 2 apples into 8 wedges.
- Separate the crescent roll dough into triangles.
- Begin by rolling each apple piece in the crescent roll dough starting at the smallest end towards the largest end.
- Pinch the sides of the crescent roll to seal in a dumpling shape and place in the dish.
- Melt two sticks of butter in a small saucepan.
- Stir in the sugar until dissolved then add the cinnamon. Once combined, add the vanilla extract.
- Pour the sweet mixture over the apple dumplings.
- Next, open the Mountain Dew and poor over the dumplings.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until the top has browned.
- Serve with ice cream and enjoy!