Columbian Curried Chicken Ingredients
- 2- 1/2 lbs. of chicken legs and thighs
- 3 Tablespoons oil
- 3 Tablespoons good quality curry powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 (12 ounce jar good quality chutney
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1/8 cup chopped green onion for topping
- 1/4 cup chopped honey roasted peanuts
- Prepared hot and ready to serve long grain rice (preferably a basmati or jasmine)
Rinse chicken and pat dry. Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper and curry powder. In a large skillet, heat oil until hot. Add chicken pieces, skin side down. Brown chicken until lightly golden on both sides. Add chutney and 1/2 of the red bell pepper. Simmer 30 minutes over medium low heat.
Transfer hot rice to a large serving platter. Place cooked chicken on top. Garnish with green onion, red bell pepper and peanuts. Surround platter with lime wedges.
As an extra, I like to add fried plantains to the serving platter or as a side dish.Tags: chicken